Specialized Treatment Foster Program
The Special Treatment Program includes the following:
- Weekly sessions for the child with the psycho therapist.
- Weekly consultations for the foster parents with the psycho therapist.
- Emergency sessions for either if necessary with the amount being monitored by Connor Homes.
- Initial consultation with a child psychologist and 3 month reviews/consultations if necessary. This can happen sooner at the request of Connor Homes or CAS.
- Up to 16 hours of direct support weekly and 48hours of emergency support.
- Direct relief to the foster parents of 25 hours or one weekend per month.
Annual holidays for Foster Families are maintained at the same staffing level and staff are trained to refocus on the changing role in care as foster parents are not in the home.
Recreation Programs are a necessary and treatment based activity for the child and therefore the Recreation fund is increased to $100/ month. Positive reinforcement in addition to the point and level system is a necessary component of this program and therefore $50/ month for positive incentives is available.
The STP was designed to allow for children or teens requiring the programming and supervision of a group home environment, but maintaining a foster care program. By reducing the number of clients in the home and maintaining the services that would have been offered the supervision increases the ability of the foster parents, increases staffing and services to the single child/teen. With the increased clinical services we can establish/monitor and deliver behavioural programming that would not be possible in a program with 3 or 4 participants.
Increased services we can provide superior care to children/teen while maintaining a family environment. These programs have been effective after 12 and 16 months of treatment allowing the child to remain in the home. Special rate funding is reduced back to be congruent with to our treatment foster care rate.
This program has reduced the need for replacement and avoids resorting to long term group care.